slide show

Sunday, October 19, 2008

just some thoughts and other things

I have been surfing for things to cut and found this and wanted to share this.

Body Measures – dress size, waist, hips, neck, arms, fitting into favorite clothes

Performance – more endurance during exercise, doing them at a higher level, jumping higher, walking longer, running faster, playing a sport better

General Feeling – rate energy level, rate attitude and outlook, track how often you feel very sleepy during the day, rate your confidence level

Health – blood pressure, cholesterol level, blood sugar level

Intangibles – how you look, compliments you receive, how others respond to you


just also wanted to put on here how at times you are going through life just all good and content and then something happens and you have to look and see why those things happen. My dad has been in the hospital out of the hospital and then had a biopsy and the test for that came back cancerous. What does this all mean i am not so sure as he does not have the full report yet. In the meantime I have been calling him more to see how he is doing and we have had some talks about both of our health. I am doing so much better since losing the weight but there are things that are just hereditary that may be out of my control so we have discussed those and he wants me to keep an eye on those things. Maybe this trial was a way to wake me up to talk more with my dad and to let him know how much he means to me or to see what may be in the future for me. I do not know but I do know that I can not go back to how i was. seems lately that stress is calling my name and i been eating a few things not so good so that was what the things above were meant for for me to really look at them and to make sure i keep going and not go backwards.

I also put this on here so i could let it out and not have to answer to anyone but to me. I do not know a lot about this yet and so telling people and having to talk to them right now is too hard for me even if they got all the cancer out it still worries me a bit. I always worry though when it comes to my parents and their health so nothing really new really.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Sheryl, I'm so sorry to read that. It is so scary when something happens to your parents no matter what age you are. From what i read they got the cancer and I pray to God that that is it. Also looking on the bright side all the good talks you've been having with your Dad and a more awareness so to speak about your own health. Only human to eat something bad for you but at least you reconize what you are doing and will stop. Hang in there. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.
Love Chrissy

Suzanne said...

I agree with Chrissy. When my parents got older and both had different health issues, our family connected and worked together to help them out. Thank God neither one had to be in a nursing home...my mom ... only a week or so after a hip fracture, but then back home.
The main happiness was in getting closer to them..having more talks, focusing on today and the moment. This will help no matter what..right?
Enjoy your dad and he you...that is what it is all about. God bless you.