slide show

Thursday, August 7, 2008

weight wather scales


Dear Weight Watchers Meeting Scales: or any other scale

I hate you


You have taken my friend's successes and spit on them. you have dampened the spirit of a group of women who are working so hard to better themselves, their lives, their health and their self esteem.


I've got news for you: You are not as important as you think. So much emphasis is put upon the numbers you give, but what about the numbers I can give YOU? Like the 50 handstand push ups I just did. Like the 20 miles I rode yesterday. Like the 1 inch gain in my bicep since I started ignoring you. And yes, even the 2 pants sizes I've dropped, even though your numbers barely moved.


You don't scare me, scale. Let all the old-timers and ignorant meeting leaders live in fear of your glaring inconsistencies while I, on the other hand, focus on better, more positive numbers. Numbers that reinforce what a strong woman I really am.


So, listen scale. You may have yelled "148" to me this morning, but tonight I am yelling back.


"MUSCLE! COMMITMENT! HARD WORK! DEDICATION!


"but mostly...


"PRIDE IN MY OWN BODY AND IT'S STRENGTHS


Your measly numbers don't mean anything to my fit, hard body that is dripping with sweat after working for 45 minutes doing things that a 110 pound waif couldn't even think of doing.


I take it back scale, I don't hate you. I laugh at you

2 comments:

Mandy said...

You are inspiring me to jump back on that treadmill! Keep up the good work Sheryl!

Unknown said...

Loved that Sheryl.
I tend to weigh myself way to much and take those #'s to heart when I have to remember that my clothes still fit the same even after eating pizza. LOL.
TFS.
Chris